Making personalised Love Santa letters special
If you are giving a special child a personalised letter, you want it to be special and something they will not only enjoy but also make them feel special and valued.
As Santa’s Letter Elf, I will do my best to make every letter positive and exciting, but you can help make it truly personalised when requesting a Love Santa letter.
Tips for placing a Love Santa letter order
- use the name the child likes – if everyone calls Timothy Tim, he will be surprised Santa calls him Timothy!
- write information as if to the child – don’t tell me about it
- be particularly careful with spelling anything unusual – I can change ipod to iPod easily enough but if I don’t recognise something I have to accept it is correct.
- actively choose backgrounds and wording – I strongly recommend having different wording for siblings, and different backgrounds is fun
- only use capital letters where necessary – most toys and good deeds don’t need a capital unless you use a name
- list gift ideas that match what the child wants – don’t just write what you want him or her to get as the letter is about the child. Don’t worry – Santa never promises to bring anything specific as he prefers to surprise children anyway!
- it is nice to include good deeds from throughout the year rather than just the last week or so – but very young children have shorter memories!
- choosing a different design from previous years adds to the surprise and excitement – and makes for a colourful collection if the letters are kept from year to year
And enjoy the anticipation of waiting until the postie delivers letters to those special little people!